Host on Render
Render is a fully-managed cloud platform where you can host static sites, backend APIs, databases, cron jobs, and all your other apps in one place.
Static sites are completely free on Render and include the following:
- Continuous, automatic builds & deploys from GitHub and GitLab.
- Automatic SSL certificates through Let’s Encrypt.
- Instant cache invalidation with a lightning fast, global CDN.
- Unlimited collaborators.
- Unlimited custom domains.
- Automatic Brotli compression for faster sites.
- Native HTTP/2 support.
- Pull Request Previews.
- Automatic HTTP → HTTPS redirects.
- Custom URL redirects and rewrites.
- You have an account with GitHub or GitLab.
- You have completed the Quick Start or have a Hugo website you are ready to deploy and share with the world.
- You have a Render account. You can sign up at https://render.com/register.
You can set up a Hugo site on Render in two quick steps:
- Create a new Static Site on Render, and give Render permission to access your GitHub/Gitlab repo.
- Use the following values during creation:
That’s it! Your site will be live on your Render URL (which looks like
yoursite.onrender.com) as soon as the build is done.
Now that Render is connected to your repo, it will automatically build and publish your site any time you push to your GitHub/Gitlab.
You can choose to disable auto deploys under the Settings section for your site and deploy it manually from the Render dashboard.
CDN and Cache Invalidation
Render hosts your site on a global, lightning fast CDN which ensures the fastest possible download times for all your users across the globe.
Every deploy automatically and instantly invalidates the CDN cache, so your users can always access the latest content on your site.
Add your own domains to your site easily using Render’s custom domains guide.
Pull Request Previews
With Pull Request (PR) previews, you can visualize changes introduced in a pull request instead of simply relying on code reviews.
Once enabled, every PR for your site will automatically generate a new static site based on the code in the PR. It will have its own URL, and it will be deleted automatically when the PR is closed.
Read more about Pull Request Previews on Render.
Render automatically downloads all Git submodules defined in your Git repo on every build. This way Hugo themes added as submodules work as expected.
Chat with Render developers at https://render.com/chat or email
firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help.