Editor Plug-ins for Hugo
The Hugo community uses a wide range of preferred tools and has developed plug-ins for some of the most popular text editors to help automate parts of your workflow.
- Hugofy. Hugofy is a plugin for Sublime Text 3 to make life easier to use Hugo static site generator.
- Hugo Snippets. Hugo Snippets is a useful plugin for adding automatic snippets to Sublime Text 3.
Visual Studio Code
- Hugofy. Hugofy is a plugin for Visual Studio Code to “make life easier” when developing with Hugo. The source code can be found here.
- Hugo Helper. Hugo Helper is a plugin for Visual Studio Code that has some useful commands for Hugo. The source code can be found here.
- Hugo Language and Syntax Support. Hugo Language and Syntax Support is a Visual Studio Code plugin for Hugo syntax highlighting and snippets. The source code can be found here.
- Hugo Themer. Hugo Themer is an extension to help you while developing themes. It allows you to easily navigate through your theme files.
- Front Matter. Once you go for a static site, you need to think about how you are going to manage your articles. Front matter is a tool that helps you maintaining the metadata/front matter of your articles like: creation date, modified date, slug, tile, SEO check, and many more…
- emacs-easy-hugo. Emacs major mode for managing hugo blogs. Note that Hugo also supports Org-mode.
- ox-hugo.el. Native Org-mode exporter that exports to Blackfriday Markdown with Hugo front-matter.
ox-hugosupports two common Org blogging flows — exporting multiple Org sub-trees in a single file to multiple Hugo posts, and exporting a single Org file to a single Hugo post. It also leverages the Org tag and property inheritance features. See Why ox-hugo? for more.
- Vim Hugo Helper. A small Vim plugin to help me with writing posts with Hugo.
- Hugofy. A Hugo Static Website Generator package for Atom.
- language-hugo. Adds syntax highlighting to Hugo files.